We at the King Sejong Institute Foundation (“we,” “us,” “our”) hereby disclose our Personal Information Handling Guidelines as follows in connection with the need to protect people’s personal information and handle relevant complaints promptly and efficiently under the personal information processing policy, Article 30.
1. Collection and keeping of personal information
- A. A. We collect and keep based on what is stipulated in relevant laws and consent of the subjects of information. Major personal information files collected and kept by us under the law are as follows.
For more details of things registered with our personal information files, please use the following:
| The name of the personal information file|| Information on members of Nuri-sejonghakdang|
| Major items || Name, email address, gender, DOB, password, etc.|
| Purpose of retention || For management of members of the homepage |
| Basis of keeping personal information || Terms and Conditions for Use; consents of the subjects of information|
| Period of keeping|| For two years (Deleted upon membership withdrawal) |
The Ministry of Interior’s portal for comprehensive support for protection of personal information (www.privacy.go.kr) → Personal information-related complaints → Demand for inspection of personal information → Menu for search for the list of personal information files.
B. Information automatically collected (when using our website)
- The following information is automatically collected and stored for statistical analysis made for improvement of our homepage and efficient communication between users and our website.
- Addresses of websites that users go through when visiting our homepage and hours/dates of visits
- Users’ browser types and OS
C. Information-sharing under relevant laws
- We keep members’ personal information for a given period of time if required by relevant laws. We make it a rule to use such personal information only for specified purpose.
- D. Inquiries about personal information files
We will strive to protect people’s rights and interests by handling personal information kept by us properly under relevant laws. Our partial disclosure of personal information will be strictly pursuant to relevant laws.
|Department in charge
||Names of personal
|Content Support Department
Members’ personal information
||The King Sejong Institute Foundation
7th Fl., Main Bldg., The National Library of Korea, 201, Banpo-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul Korea (Postal code 06579)
2. Use and provision of personal information
3. Destruction of personal information
We destroy users’ personal information as follows upon attaining the purpose of collecting and using it.
- A. Destruction procedure
- - We destroy information entered by users for member subscription and the like as per internal guidelines and relevant laws (Ref. Period for keeping and using).
- - The said personal information is not used for a purpose other than what is designated unless otherwise stipulated in the law.
- B. Destruction method
- - We destroy documents containing personal information with a shredder or through incineration.
- - We delete personal information stored in the form of an electronic file, using an irrecoverable method.
4. Rights of subjects of information
Under the Personal Information Protection Act, Chapter V (Guaranteeing Rights of Subjects of Information), subjects of information have the following rights about others’ handling of their personal information.
- A. Inspection of their personal information
- B. Correction and deletion of their personal information
- C. Suspension of handling personal information
- D. Knowing how to exercise their rights concerning personal information
- E. Asking for compensation of loss related to personal information
5. Right to ask for inspection of personal information files kept by us, correction/deletion of personal information kept by us, and our stoppage in handling personal information
- Under the Personal Information Protection Act, Article 35 (Inspection of Personal Information), Article 36 (Correction or Deletion of Personal Information), and Article 37 (Suspension, etc. from Managing Personal Information), subjects of information may ask us to let them inspect, correct, delete or stop managing their personal information kept by us.
|Where to ask for inspection of personal information
||Planning Department, the King Sejong Institute Foundation
|How to request
To submit a written request to the department keeping the personal information file
The Ministry of Interior’s portal for comprehensive support for protection of personal information (www.privacy.go.kr) Personal information-related complaints → Demand for inspection of personal information (real name certification through public i-PIN)
- A. Inspection of personal information
- Subjects of information may ask us to let them inspect their personal information file kept by us under the Personal Information Protection Act and other relevant laws.
- - We may restrict or reject an inspection by explaining the grounds, if one of the following is the case, under the Personal Information Protection Act, Article 35 (4)
- 1. Where an inspection is prohibited or restricted by Acts
- 2. Where it is apprehended that any third person's life and body may be harmed, or any third person's property and other interests may be unduly infringed on
- 3. Where a public institution causes any inconvenience while carrying out any of the following affairs
- (a) Affairs concerning the imposition, collection or refund of taxes
- (b) Affairs concerning grade evaluation or the selection of newly enrolled students at schools of each level under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act and the Higher Education Act, lifelong education centers under the Lifelong Education Act, and other higher education institutions established under other Acts
- (c) Affairs concerning tests of academic ability, functions and employment, and qualification evaluation
- (d) Affairs concerning an assessment or decision in progress in connection with the calculation, etc. of compensation or benefits
- (e) Affairs concerning an audit and an investigation in progress under other Acts
- B. Correction, deletion, and suspension of managing personal information
- A subject of information who has inspected his/her personal information may request a personal information manager to correct or delete or suspend managing his/her personal information: Provided, That if other statutes stipulates the particular personal information be collected, the subject of information shall not request the deletion thereof.
6. Reporting personal information infringement
- When you find a case of violation or loss due to collection, use, provision or entrustment of personal information not based on the law or without obtaining the consent of the subject of information, while using our website, or a situation where the rights and interests of the subject of information may be infringed on due the possibility of personal information leakage, you may report it to the following institution.
- The Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center of the KISA (Korea Internet & Security Agency) (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr, Tel: 118) under the Personal Information Protection Act, Article 62 (Reporting, etc. Infringements)
7. Steps taken to secure the safety of personal information
In handling users’ personal information, we take technical/administrative measures as follows not to cause the loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage of personal information.
- A. Encoding of passwords
Members’ passwords are stored and managed by encoding them. Ascertainment and alteration of personal information can be done only by members themselves.
- B. Anti-hacking measures
We strive to prevent leakage of or damage to members’ personal information caused by hacking or virus. We back up materials kept by us from time to time in case of their damage. We use updated vaccine programs to prevent leakage of or damage to materials and users’ personal information. We use encoded communications for safe transmission of personal information through networks. We operate intrusion prevention system to block unauthorized access from outside. We strive to operate all available technical devices to enhance the security of the system.
- C. Education and keeping the number of employees handling personal information to a minimum
We let only a small number of employees handle personal information. We always stress the importance of observing the Personal Information Handling Guidelines through educational sessions carried out for employees from time to time.
- D. Operation of a dedicated personal information protection organization
We check to see whether the Personal Information Handling Guidelines are complied with by employees and strive to find solutions to problems, if any. Meanwhile, we are not responsible to for any problems caused by leakage of ID, password and the like due to users’ carelessness or a technical problem with the Internet.
8. Remedial measures against infringement of rights and interests
Subjects of personal information may get help from the following institutions concerning personal information infringement if they are not satisfied with the way we handle their personal information or take measures against infringement of rights and interests.
- The Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center of the KISA (Korea Internet & Security Agency)
- - Homepage : privacy.kisa.or.kr (Tel: 118)
- - Address : The Personal Information Infringement Reporting Center, 135, Jungdae-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, Korea (05717)
- The Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (PIDMC or called "Pico")
- - Homepage : www.kopico.go.kr (Tel: 1833-6972)
- - Address : The "Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee, 135, Jungdae-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, Korea (05717)
- The Internet Crime Investigation Center of the Supreme Prosecutors' Office: (02-3480-3573; www.spo.go.kr)
- The Cyber Terror Response Center of the National Police Agency: (1566-0112; (www.netan.go.kr)
9. Specify information, such as the Privacy Officer
- Personal information protection manager : Park Chung-sik, Content Support Department (Senior General Manager)
- - Email : email@example.com
- - Tel : +82-2-3276-0750 Fax : 0303-3130-0707
- - Address : 11F, Seocho Pyeonghwa building, 22, Banpo-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 06716
- Personal information protection officer : Son Min-seong, Content Support Department (Associate)
- - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Tel : +82-2-3276-0759 Fax : 0303-3130-0707
10. Revision of the Personal Information Handling Guidelines
This personal information processing policy come into effect in May 2019.
<Established> August 2013
<Amended> May 2015
<Amended> April 2016
<Amended> August 2017
<Amended> April 2018
<Amended> May 2018
<Amended> May 2019